The century-old teak house was known as Baan Tanao and belongs to the Bunyaratwets, a clan that produced a Thai herbal inhalant called Sukhontha Osot (also known as the “Horse Brand”) which had been famous since the reign of Rama IV. The house itself was built in 1922, during the reign of King Rama VI.
Over time, as modern medicine gained popularity, Thai traditional medicine started to fade. As a result, the house and its pharmacy were shut down for 40 years, until Mr. Dolchai Bunyaratwet, a designer and brand creator and the fifth-generation heir of the family, inherited it. He restored the old house, adding new features to it while keeping the charm of the original style as much as possible. The house opened its doors to welcome customers again in January 2020, under the name "Baan Ya Hom Zantiis".